Position Description: Candidates selected will support a state-of-the-art optical practice located at the Sam’s Club Vision Center.
- Provides Member service by acknowledging the Member, identifying their needs, assisting with purchasing decisions, locating merchandise, resolving issues and concerns, and promoting the Company's products and services.
- Maintains merchandise presentation by stocking merchandise, setting up, cleaning, and organizing product displays, removing damaged goods, signing and pricing merchandise appropriately, and securing fragile and high-shrink merchandise.
- Maintains the Sales Floor in the Optical area in accordance with Company policies and procedures by properly handling claims and returns, zoning the area, arranging and organizing merchandise, and identifying shrink and damages.
- Receives and stocks merchandise in the Optical area and organizes and maintains the Optical area by following Company procedures, utilizing equipment appropriately, merchandising, and completing paperwork, logs, and other required documentation.
- Operates hardware such as cash registers or related equipment, processes member purchases, and assists in payments, returns, refunds, and exchanges using appropriate procedures for different membership and payment types.
- Sells Optical products and services by assisting Members with purchasing decisions, measuring, adjusting, and repairing frames and lenses, completing eyewear/contact lens orders, identifying and verifying prescription information, completing and maintaining paperwork, forms, and other required documentation, collecting payments for doctor services.
- Proper medical history taking and patient intake evaluation
- Ophthalmic instrument technique including but not limited to auto-refraction, auto-lensometry, tonometry, fundus photography, slit lamp photography, pupil assessment, ocular motility and visual fields.
- Knowledge of common eye diseases and symptoms
- Provide customer service, identify customer’s needs, and resolve customer issues and concerns
- Promote the Vision Center offerings to the Sam’s Club Members through health fairs and sales floor interaction
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and support the company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Basic office equipment and computer skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrated history and interest in quality improvement
- One or more years work experience in an ophthalmology and/or optometry practice or retail optical environment
- Hands on experience with ophthalmic pre-testing equipment
- Two or more years work experience in a professional medical environment with patient interfacing
- Knowledge of HIPAA standards and medical record keeping
Sam’s Club, Vestal, NY