Job Title: Optician/Optical Technician
Hours: Part time to start, possible full time at later date. Approx 20 hours per week to start.
Days of week: May vary, can set the schedule if needed. M-F only, 1st shift (8-4:30)
Description of position: Employee will be responsible for the ordering, fitting, measuring, adjusting and dispensing of eyeglasses working in a fast paced optical shop inside the VA clinic in Montgomery. Must be able to handle a variety of diverse patients with ease.
*Please note that we are a contractor-DO NOT contact any VA facility to inquire about this position.
Requirements for consideration:
- Minimum of 2 years front facing Optical experience working directly with patients/customers.
- Must be able to perform accurate optical measurements including: bifocal segment heights, OC heights, PD and have an understanding of all lens and eyeglass frame materials.
- Must be able to accurately interpret a Dr’s eyeglasses RX and determine patient needs based on the recommendations of the physician.
- Minimum of 2 years in a customer service, retail or medical position.
- Proficiency with computer (Microsoft and internet explorer basics)
Preferred but not required for consideration:
- Ability to travel to other office locations within AL and GA if needed for support (company paid).
- Willing to pursue ABO certification if supported by employer.
- Flexibility with schedule and work hours. (some weeks more hours than others etc)
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. WSIFB provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.