Position: Optical Sales Consultant
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare / Retail
Reports to: General Manager
Hours: Must be able to work within a retail office schedule including occasional Saturdays.
A rewarding position for an individual that is highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented and customer-service focused. Responsible for selling eyewear products, handling administration and medical pretesting duties to a loyal customer base where patient care always comes first. Ability to float between departments and offices is crucial.
• Greet all office guests in a professional and friendly manner.
• Interpret eyeglass and contact lens prescriptions written by our optometrists or referring doctors.
• Educate patients on their individual insurance coverage and options.
• Strong sense of fashion and trends to assist patient with selection of eyewear that compliments their style and personality.
• Understand how the patient uses their eyes on a daily basis to assist them in selecting the best lenses for their visual needs.
• Proper use of optical measurement devices including; pupilometer, pupillary distance ruler, m’eyeFit™ Digital Measuring System and lensometer.
• Accurately process patient payment transactions using point of sale software.
• Dispense optical eyewear in accordance with professional standards that ensures a patient for life.
• Adjust and repair eyewear as needed.
• Efficiently move between all departments and offices as needed.
• Achieve established sales goals and objectives.
• All other duties as assigned by management.
• AA or BA/BS desired
• 1-3 years prior optical or retail experience preferred, but not required.
• Adaptable and flexible with the ability to multi-task.
• Self-motivated and detail-oriented.
• Interest in healthcare and fashion
• Strong communication skills
• Must present a fashionable and professional appearance
• In city travel required.