Job duties are focused on patient care. Responsible for insurance billing, making appointments, assisting patients with glasses and contact lenses. Competive salary with some experience necessary.
Family Vision Center
1220 Ebenezer Rd
Rock Hill, SC 29732
- Performs any combination of following tasks to assist Optometrist: Obtains and records patient's preliminary case history;
- Maintains records, schedules appointments, performs bookkeeping, correspondence, and filing;
- Instructs patient in care and use of glasses or contact lenses;
- Assists patient in frame selection;
- Notifies patients following receipt of ordered lenses;
- Adjusts and repairs glasses;
- Maintains inventory of materials and cleans instruments;
- Well versed in major insurance plans and can provide patient quotes for professional and contact lens services.
- Education/Experience- High School diploma or equivalent; or one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Math Ability- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages.
- Computer Skills- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; Working knowledge of OfficeMate a plus.