Plans, organizes and directs the operations of one or two Optical Services branch offices. Responsible for the management of all branch activities, ensuring the timely and courteous delivery of high-quality optical care while meeting sales and service objectives. Fosters goal alignment between Optometry, Opthalmology, and Optical Services. Leads a local team of dispensing opticians, contact lens fitters, and receptionist personnel in a union envrionment. Typically reports to a Senior Mgr Optical Branch.
• Manages patient sales and service activities performed by dispensing opticians, contact lens fitters, and receptionist personnel in an optical branch that leads to meeting clear revenue and service targets.
• Leads team employees to deliver the required Kaiser Permannente member experience through performance management. Establishes clear team objectives.
• Ensures all branch employees are appropriately trained to consistently deliver excellent member service.
• Responisble for resolving patient complaints, including service recovery and refunds.
• Manages personnel issues, including interviewing, on-boarding, and orientation. Also provides training, evaluations, counseling, discipline, and terminations.
• Manages daily staffing requirements and accounts for time cards; approves and schedules vacation and other absences for all branch employees.
• Analyzes financial data and develops action plans accordingly.
• Coordinates branch activities such as marketing events, meetings and education for the branch.
• Administers Optical Services policies and procedures which ensure quality care and service in compliance with all labor contracts and government regulations.
• Demonstrates sound judgment in anticipating challenges, problem solving, and seeking the right resources to resolve issues.
• Reports all appropriate information to Regional Management.
• Takes pride in the appearance of the branch and ensures frame boards and merchandising are all in accordance with provided planograms.
• Recommends captial equipment and personnel budgets.
• Monitors and manages sales records and reports.
• Assures that branch files are properly maintained.
• Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
• Minimum four (4) years of optical experience required
• Bachelor's degree in business administration OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Knowledge in all phases of retail operations, inlcuding the delivery of superior customer service results, revenue generation,
personnel, oversight, and labor relations and/or human resoruces management.
• Demonstrated ability to determine key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multi-disciplinary perspectives.
• Strong influencing, negotiating, and team building skills.
• Excellent coaching and development skills.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses.
• Effective leadership, project management, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills both up and down.
• Must demonstrate a caring and courteous attitude and interact effectively with Kaiser Permanente members and co-workers.
• Must be proficient in basic computer skills.
• Must possess sound judgment.
• Must work some evenings and Saturdays will be required.
• Must be willing to work in a labor-management partnership environment.
• Retail sales, optical, or eye care experience highly preferred.
• ABO Certification preferred.
This Job is Eligiblefor KP Benefits
Full-time 40 Hours/ Week
Working Days: M-F Variable
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual