Position: Optical Laboratory Technician
Employment Type: Full Time
Industry: Healthcare / Retail
Reports to: Optical Lab Manager
Hours: Monday - Friday 9-6
A rewarding position for an individual that is highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented and customer-service focused. Responsible for manufacturing process of eyewear for a loyal customer base where patient care always comes first.
- Must be able to read a lensometer
- Knowledge of optical laboratory equipment
- Mark lens blanks according to specifications using lens measuring equipment.
- Edge lenses to the appropriate prescription.
- Mount lenses in metal, plastic, or rimless frames.
- Inspect mounted lenses for conformance to ANSI specifications.
- Analyze, solve, and correct eyewear issues using the LEAP technique (Listen, Empathize, Ask, and Produce).
- Interpret prescription to select proper lens blanks.
- Ability to perform simple repairs of eyewear.
- Data entry for Inventory of new frames.
- Ensure all glasses are completed within published time frames.
- Manage all shipping and receiving.
- Cultivate an organized and orderly atmosphere.
- Achieve established Optical Laboratory Technician goals and objectives.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years prior optical experience preferred.
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to multi-task.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Interest in healthcare
- Strong communication skills
- Must present a professional appearance.
- Ability to be on the feet for long periods of time.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package for all full time employees. Salary is based on experince. We are an equal opportunity employer.