North Carolina Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat is looking to hire an energetic Optical Assistant for our Cary Optical Center.
Job duties and responsibilities may include any of the following:
- Interprets optical prescriptions.
- Fits and services optical appliances such as spectacle frames and lenses.
- Assists with contact lens fitting.
- Assists with ordering contact lenses and eyeglasses from vendors.
- Verify and enter billing information.
- Collect patient payments.
- Obtain authorizations from insurance companies if necessary.
- Enter and post patient payments.
- Check in eyeglass and contact lens orders (verify prescription meets ANSI standards)
- Answers phone.
- Seats and calls patients.
- Notifies patients when optical products are ready for pick up.
- Checks on status of orders.
- Inputs and maintains patient information in the computer and charting system.
- Cleans displays.
- Perform other duties as described herein.
Requires excellent communication skills and a keen understanding of patients with sensory impairment. Must be able to express a caring attitude while performing tasks required with accuracy and efficiency.
Please submit a resume to be considered for this position.