NC Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat, P.A. is currently looking for an Optical Assistant to join our Optical Team. The position is full-time and will work in our Cary office with occasional travel to our Durham office.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To act as an optical consultant by educating patients about their eyewear options and provides outstanding customer service. Provides necessary support to the Optical Manager.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interprets optical prescriptions.
- Fits and services optical appliances such as spectacle frames and lenses.
- Assists with contact lens fitting (Willing to train on insertion & removal).
- Assists with ordering contact lenses and eyeglasses from vendors.
- Verify and enter billing information.
- Collect patient payments.
- Obtain authorizations from insurance companies if necessary.
- Enter and post patient payments.
- Answers phone.
- Seats and calls patients.
- Notifies patients when optical products are ready for pick up.
- Checks on status of orders.
- Inputs and maintains patient information in the computer and charting system.
- Cleans displays.
Other duties as assigned by the Optical Manager.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
High school diploma or equivalent. Requires excellent communication skills and a keen understanding of patients with sensory impairment. Must be able to express a caring attitude while performing tasks required with accuracy and efficiency. Optical sales experience is preferred.
NCEENT offers a competitive salary, benefits package, generous PTO Plan and 401(k) with employer contribution.