The Department of Ophthalmology of Medical Associates Clinic is seeking a manager to lead a busy team of 9 providers and 42 staff members spread between 4 locations including a retail optical business. This individual will be responsible for the leadership of the Ophthalmology/Optical departments and managing staff, delivery of patient care & supporting activities to provide quality medical, surgical, and retail eye care. Provide direction and assistance to supervisors reporting to manager. Previous management experience of a mid to large size Ophthalmology practice preferred. COA/COT certification preferred
The Department of Ophthalmology is the region’s largest eye care facility consisting of fellowship trained subspecialty ophthalmologists and optometrists. Subspecialties include retina, glaucoma, oculo-plastics and pediatric and adult strabismus. The Department is also the only eye care facility in the region where refractive surgery is performed.
I do also have these core function statements if this is some that would fit the ad and not increase cost significantly
- Manage fundamental operation of department. Coordinate diagnosis and treatment activities with the physicians/providers to ensure effective patient care and efficient service. Oversee all ophthalmology hospital and clinic outreach activities. Collaborate with TSSC and any hospital/office where services are provided.
- Perform managerial responsibilities, which may include but are not limited to: preparing annual budgets, attending meetings, collecting/compiling data and preparing reports.
- Collaborate with Finance to ensure profitability of department, develop and monitor reports including cost benefit analysis of new services/equipment, and financial indicators for Optical Services and Ophthalmology. Work with the Business Office to problem solve scheduling, registration and patient billing questions. Collaborate with Coding and Reimbursement to monitor charges, coding and high cost drug usage.
- Support Information Technology resources with Ophthalmology and Optical specific equipment, programs, electronic medical record management and imaging software and database.
- Manage selection, training, development, performance evaluation, and performance issues for direct reports. Communicate with supervisor on schedules to assure adequate staffing levels to deliver a high level of patient service.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable internal and departmental regulations, policies and procedures for the tri-state area we serve.
- Establish guidelines for marketing of ophthalmology/optical departments for current and ongoing department strategies and collaborate with marketing department.