Are you ready to take your career to the next level? The Eye Center of Northern Colorado has an opening for an Ophthalmic Technician Supervisor for our Anterior Segment team. This supervisor will facilitate the accomplishment of the Eye Center’s mission statement through continual development and implementation of quality eye care with patient satisfaction in mind.
By maintaining harmony among the team of technicians, through a variety of means which are monitored and communicated to the clinical director, the supervisor will contribute to an excellent work environment. They will improve efficiency and productivity through effective allocation of clinic resources. The supervisor will strive to be an exceptional example for all staff members by exhibiting the highest levels of professionalism, ethics, and accountability.
The Eye Center provides a competitive wage along with many benefits for their staff members, such as: health/dental/vision benefits, 401K/profit sharing, generous education allowance, paid vacation and personal time, along with many discounted services and other benefits.
- Complete competency in all areas of the ophthalmic technician job description
- Coverage for patient care
- Proficient in ability to work up patients in all specialty clinics that float through the location to which you are assigned
- Perform specialty testing on all devices throughout the clinical location
- Have a strong awareness of patient flow issues and ability to maintain efficient clinical flow while quality of care is maintained
- Identify areas of concern in efficiency throughout the clinic and work with the clinical director to resolve these issues
- Oversee quality assurance of clinical templates
- Daily management of clinic support staff schedules to provide the best possible technical coverage on any given day
- Coordinate technician skills reviews in coordination with providers
- Support technician communication with the providers and the administration
- First line conflict resolution
- Weekly development of clinic technician schedules in cooperation with other departments with which staff is shared
- Oversee management and quality assurance of physical clinic area
- Provide communication avenues to the technicians from all other departments, i.e. tech meetings, etc.
- Assists with selection of candidates for clinical positions
- Assists with orientation and training of new staff with regard to clinical responsibilities
- Effectively and efficiently works with supervisory staff to resolve matters of interdepartmental concern
- Responsible for stocking facility and ordering supplies as necessary
- Resolve any personnel issues that may arise amongst staff
- Efficiently and professionally handle patient concerns at assigned location
- Works with clinical director regarding disciplinary action and recommendation of termination of employees
- Take staff calls when necessary for clinical shift changes due to illness, etc.
- Review Time Force with the assistance of clinical department coordinator to revise time punches and PTO coordination
- Facilitate patient care experience by assisting physician in overall patient care
- Work within the confines of the Eye Center team by assisting other departments with answers to questions, patient triage, etc.
- Self-study may be required to obtain/maintain Certified Ophthalmic Technician status within 18 months of employment
- Maintain a professional demeanor, including dress and work conversation
- Maintain effective working relationships with other staff and doctors
- Exemplify and model ECNC’s core values in order to best represent ECNC at all times
- Meet with clinical director and other leadership team monthly in order to improve overall clinical flow and environment
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Current JCAHPO certification required at a COT level or as a COA pursuant of COT level
- Prior experience in a fast paced medical office and in electronic health record
- Superior customer service skills
- Effectively and empathetically communicate in both oral and written formats
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
If you believe you are our ideal candidate, then please respond to this posting with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you are interested in this position.