The Technical Supervisor is an integral part of patient care and serves as a support for our physician.
As a working supervisor, this person will work collaboratively with the physicians and technicians to perform basic, advanced and complex manual and automated medical tests to assist in proper medical diagnosis. Demonstrate commitment to ongoing training and uphold ethical principles and confidentiality. Must be able to manage people and work flow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must have the ability to perform all preliminary and diagnostic testing and teach technicians. Must have the ability to teach technicians how to perform all preliminary and diagnostic testing.
- Works collaboratively with administration to train all new and existing technicians on new technology, procedures and processes and helps implement new protocols.
- Ensure technicians are guiding patients through exams thoroughly while monitoring patient waiting times.
- Ensures technicians are providing exceptional patient care at all times.
- Monitors and helps improve technician’s overall performance.
- Must have the ability to effectively coach staff.
- Creates, manages and monitors staff work schedules, including time off requests, to ensure the office is staffed appropriately according to patient load.
- Quizzes technicians on procedures performed, technology, LASIK/Cataract questions to ensure that technicians are giving patients accurate information.
- Oversees and leads all technicians by example by creating a fun, positive and accountable work environment.
- Oversee inventory and orders clinic supplies as needed.
- Excellent patient care skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current COT or COA certification required within 90-days of employment.
- Must be familiar with standard diagnostic testing, example; visual field, OCT/FA/ICG, A-scan, fundus camera, wavescan, corneal topography, etc.
- Experience with EHR preferred
- COA or COT preferred but is required within 90-days of employment.
Benefit package is available including:
- Excellent 401(k) plan
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Company paid life insurance
- Additional life and AD&D
- Employee and family discounts in optical/LASIK and spa