With a 609-licensed-bed hospital, 1100 physicians and 4500 employees, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is one of the largest healthcare delivery networks in the Washington, DC area. We offer some of the most sophisticated treatments and technologies available, as well as the expertise of nationally respected physicians.
- Provides primary ophthalmic care to patients, acting as an assistant to physicians in the Department of Ophthalmology. Performs complete ophthalmic history and preliminary examinations, subspecialty tests and contact lens work.
- Training from an accredited Ophthalmic Technician/Technologist site or successful completion of Ophthalmic Assistant course preferred.
- Certification strongly preferred; non-certified candidates must obtain certification within three months.
- CPR certification preferred.
- Three years of ophthalmic experience.
- Knowledge of professional ophthalmic theory, practice and medical care to give and evaluate patients.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care.
- Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional ophthalmic technicians/technologists to provide ongoing patient care.
- Skill in taking both medical and ocular histories to assess ocular conditions and interpret findings.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to remain calm and effective in emergency situations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Competitive compensation and generous benefits
- Superb educational opportunities plus tuition assistance
- Wellness programs
- Free shuttle from Metro stations
Location, location, location!
Located in Washington, DC, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital offers an exciting lifestyle to complement a satisfying career. The DC Metro area is famous for its education and cultural venues in theater, music, museums, art galleries and restaurants. Employees live in DC, Maryland or Virginia, affording great choices in lifestyle just Metro stops away from the hospital.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Associates live by Our Common Purpose: We Create Caring Moments in the Spirit of Cura Personalis – Care for the Whole Person. Our Quality Standards of Safety, Compassion, Professionalism and Coordinated Care set the priorities for consistent decision making applicable to everyone in every situation.
For more information and to Express Your Interest In Less Than 60 Seconds, please visit http://www.medstargeorgetown.jobs/jobs/119588/
Equal opportunity employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/zxfcgq5ypt