Busy refractive practice is looking for a full time Ophthalmic Technician. We have offices in Dallas, Plano, and North Arlington. Prior experience required and COA or COT certification preferred.
After probationary period, benefits include paid time off, health, dental, flex spending, 401K, reimbursement for continuing education and certification expenses, scrubs and competitive wages based on prior work experience. Equal opportunity employer listed in Dallas Morning News' Top 100 Places to Work 6 years in a row.
- Use of EMR to obtain patient history, chief complaint and to scribe physician findings.
- Lensometry and auto-refraction
- Performing diagnostic testing of the eye and must possess a basic knowledge of tests such as HVF, HRT, IOL Master, biopen, orbscan, wavefront, A-scan and basic fundus photography.
- Obtains accurate visual acuities with basic optics understanding
- Demonstrates ability to perform functional ocular measurements of the eye such as color vision testing, BAT testing, schirmer tests and Amsler grid tests.
- Demonstrates ability to perform accurate and repeatable refractometry.
- Administers topical ophthalmic medications
- Performs accurate tonometry by tonopen or applanation.
- Maintains and sterilizes surgical instruments
- Assists physician with the instillation of punctal plugs
- Verbalizes post operative instructions in a clear and professional manner to patients for any procedure performed
- Understands basic ocular pharmacology: names of meds and their uses.
- Communicates with patients directly or via telephone to respond appropriately and professionally to their needs.