The Ophthalmic Technician (COA, COT, OR COMT) accurately and efficiently performs an extensive number of data collection functions as delegated by the physician to allow for proper professional diagnosis of patient’s conditions and to do so in a way that instills patient confidence in the treatment. Assist in the training and mentoring of less experienced clinical staff. We currently have 3 openings for Full-Time Technicians.
Approximate Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m or 8:30 a.m - 5:00 p.m Monday through Friday. 1-2 Saturday mornings per calendar year.
This position includes traveling between our locations (Golden Valley, Maple Grove, St. Anthony and Wayzata).
Perform and document subjective and objective ophthalmic testing efficiently to provide basic and extensive information necessary for ophthalmic examinations.
This includes but is not limited to:
- History, visual acuities, lensometry (manual and automated), refractometry, keratometry, refractions, visual fields, tonometry, assisting with office procedures, perform contact lens I & R's, triage, medication refills and prior authorizations.
- Open and close exam rooms, ensure all equipment is clean and ready for the doctor; stock all necessary supplies.
- Inform patients of the purpose of all tests personally performed and how they will be affected during the tests.
- Assist in the maintenance and calibration of equipment
- Support clinic team and perform all other duties as assigned
- Interact with Clinic Managers, MD's, OD's, President and other members of the clinical team
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferably Certified as an Ophthalmic Assistant or Tech
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills with a high attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Well organized with attention to detail
- Problem solver
- Ability to multitask
- Personable and empathetic with patient’s needs and concerns
- Ability to work collaboratively with all team members.
- 3+ weeks of PTO
- On the Job Training
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Profit Sharing & much more
We are very excited to add new Ophthalmic Technicians to our friendly, dynamic team! If you feel you would be a positive addition to our team then please apply.
We look forward to hearing from you!