Children's Eye Physicians is currently looking for an Ophthalmic/Optometric Technician to join our dynamic clinic team. Children's Eye Physicians has an excellent reputation in the Denver-metro area and has served the local community for over 25 years.
We are a fast paced, forward-thinking professional Pediatric Ophthalmology / Optometry office that is rapidly growing in their family practice services also.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing complete vision and diagnostic testing
- Communicating patient medical concerns orally and in writing
- Instructing patients on medication dosing, scheduled tests, and upcoming procedures
- Assisting the ophthalmologist in the exam and office procedures
- Addressing patient questions/concerns in regards to upcoming procedures, tests, etc
- Typing exam findings and communications into the electronic medical record
- Returning patient phone calls and answering questions
- Bachelor Degree from accredited four-year college or university desired, or a minimum of one year of relevant work experience.
- COA, COT, or COMT preferred, but not required -- willing to train the right candidate! Additional compensation offered.
- Ability to type at least 45wpm
- Comfort working with patients of all ages; mainly children under the age of 18.
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Availability at our Centennial and Wheat Ridge locations with travel to all three Denver metro area locations as needed with mileage reimbursement provided
Compensation based on experience and education/certification level plus full benefits including 401k matching, generous PTO (up to one month of PTO the first year) and Educational Reimbursement.
Children's Eye Physicians provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ,sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.