Omni Ophthalmic Management Consultants specializes in subspecialty and medical eye care. We provide business services and support to our affiliates, Omni Eye Services, Phillips Eye Center, Clarity Refractive Services, Essex Specialized Surgical Institute, Kremer Eye Center and Corneal Associates of New Jersey. Do you have a passion for healthcare? If you would like to be a part of this exciting wave of growth in ophthalmology, take a look at our job openings. We’d love to hear from you!!
Multiple locations - Iselin, NJ ; Manhattan, NY; Brooklyn, NY; Fairfield, NJ; Parsippany , NJ ; West Orange,NJ
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
· Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner.
· Obtains patient history and transcribes results into our EHR (electronic health record) as physician(s) orally dictate during patient exam. Transcribes results in a accurate and detailed completion.
· Records physician(s) fee tickets in EHR (electronic health record) as physician(s) orally dictate during patient exam.
· Maintains patient confidentiality.
· Escorts patients to appropriate area (i.e., reception area, dilating room, cataract testing, etc.).
· Assists physician(s) by obtaining supplies as needed during patient care.
· Assistance to Technician as needed.
· Performs visual acuity tests on patients in accordance to established guidelines.
· Controls patient flow.
· Performs autorefraction and lensometry tests as needed on patients in accordance with established guidelines.
· Performs tonometry on patients in accordance to established guidelines.
· Determines if patient needs further testing by technician. Notification by technician of name of patient that requires further testing.
· Performs visual field testing, glare testing, color vision testing, Schirmer's tear testing on patients as required. Requirement is determined by established guidelines.
· Reviews patient charts and posts tests and examination results into EHR (electronic health record) as well enter information of prior visits in EHR record.
· Clean and sterilize equipment and maintain autoclave in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
· Demonstrates the ability to work with geriatric patients and patients of all ages.
· Stocking of supplies on an ongoing basis to keep current stock requirements.
· Cleaning of patient exam rooms in relation to testing and equipment.
· Demonstrates compliance with all provisions of safety rules and other policies and procedures.
· Check expiration of medications and supplies and follow-up as appropriate and in accordance with established guidelines and policies.
SECONDARY JOB DUTIES:
· Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
· Enhances professional growth and development through meetings, education programs, seminars and conferences.
· Performs other duties to ensure the smooth flow of work/patients in the office.