Come work in a cutting edge Ophthalmic practice with the latest equipment, great staff and Doctor.
Salary $15 -$18.50 /hr based on experience
401K, Healthcare and dental insurance
• Assist in any sub-specialty area as needed.
• Perform a variety of ophthalmic diagnostic tests including OCT, Wavescan, Pentacam, Ultasonic Biometry and HFA CVF.
• Knowlege of LASIK (Previous experience with Visx S4IR, iDesign Advanced Customview aberometer and Moria SBK keratomes a plus)
• Set up and assist in surgical procedures. Will train, previous experinece a plus.
• Must be comfortable working in a busy clinic and a team player.
Experience with Medflow EHR is a plus.
• Obtain a complete medical and ophthalmic history.
• Establish rapport with patients during diagnostic tests and examinations.
• Obtain visual acuities.
•Visual fields testing with Humphrey automated perimeter.
• Perform pre LASIK testing.
• Perform tonometry.
• Perform confrontation visual fields.
• Check for color vision defects.
• Set up and assist minor surgical procedures
• Perform amsler grid
• Instill dilating drops when directed by physician.
• Perform refraction using a phoropter. (Will train)
• Perform eye alignment evaluation.
• Perform routine maintenance of equipment using established methods of cleaning and sterilization.
• Prepare and maintain examination rooms
• Complete lab slips and requisitions for tests
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described above.
Travel to satellite clinics required 4 times a month.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
2 years experience in eyecare field as an ophthalmic tech OR Satisfactory completion of an approved JCAHPO written examination for COA/COT certification.
Part time and Full time positions avalible