USF Health Eye Institute
Position: Ophthalmic Technician
Where: USF Health Eye Institute - Tampa, FL
We are an expanding practice, providing Cornea, Glaucoma, Neuo-Ophthalmology, Oculoplastic, Optometric, Pediatric, and Retinal care to patients across the Tampa Bay area.
We are looking for full-time ophthalmic technicians to join our team!
The ideal candidate is a problem-solver with the ability to communicate effectively, and is able to move through clinic efficiently. Works to ensure patients are readied for physicians in a timely manner, and ensures rooms are stocked with necessary supplies.
- Interviews patients for ocular and medical history, chief complaint, current medications, allergies and family history.
- Performs initial workup including: visual testing, color vision testing, retinoscopy, and refraction.
- Performs various diagnostic tests and measurements including: A-Scans, diagnostic ultrasounds, keratometry, lensometry, tonometry, and visual fields.
- Review patient records for completeness.
- Maintains supplies and equipment in exam rooms.
- Performs related technical and clerical work.
Qualifications: High School graduate with two years of experience as an Ophthalmic Technician or certification by JCAHPO as an Ophthalmic Technician or equivalent experience in a clinical setting.
Benefits: Excellent medical, dental, paid leave packages available.
Apply today at https://usfpgcareersource.health.usf.edu/postings/21112.