Currently seeking an ideal candidate for our Ophthalmic Digital Surfacing Engineer role.
Provide technical digital surfacing product & process support for DAC Technologies’ Sales Managers, Product Development team and Customers.
The responsibilities of the Digital Surfacing Engineer shall include (but are not limited to):
- Qualify DAC Technologies’ products with customers’ existing equipment and processes.
- Provide detailed and clear technical feedback on product performance.
- Provide first level technical support for DAC Technology customers
- Communicate the technical advantage and the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of our product.
- Provide appropriate recommendations based on the customers’ needs.
- Research and utilize scientific knowledge and experience to provide in-depth explanations pertaining to how our products will meet customers’ demands.
- Help customers identify any potential needs for additional products, based on their application.
- Enthusiastically pursue meeting and exceeding customer requirements.
- Build good rapport with customers and follow through on all commitments.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with the sales team and all customers.
- Travel required.
A Bachelor’s Degree, B.S. in Mechanical Engineering preferred. Equivalent experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
Five years working with Ophthalmic Digital Surfacing Systems.
- Product and equipment knowledge pertaining to ophthalmic digital surfacing systems
- Expertise in schneider optical machines.
- Advanced understanding of topography of a free form lens
- Thorough knowledge of Lab Management Software’s (LMS)
- Understand processes from various digital surfacing equipment manufacturers
- Bi-lingual skills are desirable (Spanish).
- Excellent PC skills including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, time management, analyzing, and organizational skills