Growing, 2 physician ophthalmology practice in Granbury, just west of Fort Worth, seeks an experienced ophthalmic assistant/technician. We are looking for a motivated, proficient, self-starter with leadership skills. This position will work primarily in our office in Granbury, but must also be willing to work in the Weatherford office when needed.
- Refraction skills
- Certification as COA/ COT/ or COMT
- Minimum of 4 year experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- ability to perform a variety of ophthalmic testing, including refractions
- skill with computer applications, including EMR
- attentive to detail and accuracy
- trustworthy, efficient, pleasant and diligent
- superior interpersonal and communication skills
- neat, professional appearance
- room and prepare patients for physician; maintain patient flow
- record patient information in electronic medical record; scribe
- prepare exam rooms, keeping neat and clean
- administer oral and topical ophthalmic medications
- operate ophthalmic equipment - such as autorefractor, phoropter, OCT, IOL Master, fundus photography, visual fields, topography, lensometry, pachymetry, etc.
- perform refractions; measure intraocular pressure (Goldman & Tonopen)
- explain treatment procedures, medications, or physician instructions to patients
- assist physician with in-office ophthalmic procedures
- maintain/ clean/ sterilize ophthalmic instruments or equipment; dispose of contaminated supplies
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Education: High School diploma or equivalent