Ophthalmic Technician for State-of-the-Art Elective Surgery Center in the South Bay
This is an exciting full-time opportunity for an Ophthalmic Technician. You will be working for one of the most respected and accomplished eye surgeons in Northern California. We are looking for a person who wants to provide the best medical care and patient experience possible alongside a very professional medical team. The work environment is fun and we provide extensive training and support in the specifics of our clinic. We are recruiting for a full-time position, 40 hours per week with some overtime.
Professional Objective : To provide the highest possible quality of patient care and customer service in a medical and surgical practice five days per week; 40 + hours per week.
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday, as well as some Saturday morning hours
Compensation: $18 to $30 / hour, to be determined depending on experience, plus bonus potential and benefits package.
- Work-up refractive and cataract patients in clinic. Assist doctor by performing pre-operative testing and measurements, taking medical history, educating patients and documenting in patient EHR records and charts.
- Manage clinic and surgery equipment, instruments and supply inventories.
- Maintain patient and clinic information, prepare necessary reports and statistics.
- Organize surgical data in preparation for surgeon treatment planning.
- Prepare and manage surgical paperwork, communicate, and transfer data to ambulatory surgical center for surgeon.
- Follow clinic standards that reflect being the premium provider of quality patient care and customer service.
- Pre-operative to post-operative support of refractive surgery patients in our surgical suite.
- Experience as an Ophthalmic Technician or experience working in an Optometry office.
- Strong personal initiative and high energy.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills who works well with, and assists, other staff.
- Strong time management, organizational and prioritization skills; excellent at multitasking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills demonstrating a professional and compassionate approach with patients and co-workers.
- Works with minimal supervision, acting decisively based on the clinic’s standards and core values.
- Strong computer and typing skills, proficient in desktop applications.
- Well-groomed, professional appearance.
- COA, COT, COMT credentials a plus.
- Experience with electronic medical records a plus.
- Refractive surgery experience a plus.
- Willing to work some overtime.
When you send us your resume, please include short answers to the following questions.
We don’t plan on responding to applicants who don’t answer these questions:
- When you first heard or read about this job, what did you find most appealing?
- Are you looking for something temporary or long term?
- What is the most important thing you are looking for in a company/job?
- Tell us about your customer service or related experience.
- Tell us about your email and computer application skills.
- How would you describe your organization and prioritization skills?
- How do you handle stress?
- What would you like us to know about your skills and work style?
- What do you consider to be your strengths and weakness?