Williams Eye Institute is looking for a passionate, energetic individual to join our growing team. This is your opportunity to be a part of the areas most recognized leaders in Ophthalmology with a commitment to excellent patient care. This is a full-time position with a competitive benefits package and an opportunity to grow and advance within the organization. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment and are looking to take on new challenges, then send us your resume.
Full-Time Ophthalmic Technician.
Tests and measures eye function to assist Ophthalmologist and Optometrist to diagnose and treat eye disorders and disease:
Department Specific Duties:
- Obtain patient medical history. Perform and document in the patients’ record the results of ophthalmic examination and testing as directed by the Physician.
- Perform ophthalmic procedures which include: auto refraction, applanation, measure and record glasses, dilate, VF, OCT, Lipiview, Lipiflow, Tearlab, pachymetry and IOL master. Contact lens experience a plus.
- Tests patient's far acuity, near acuity, peripheral vision, depth perception, and color perception.
- Performs complete and thorough work up on all patients and provide professional and courteous care.
- Provide telephone support regarding ocular emergencies, prescription refills and patient care questions
*Be flexible and open to working at both the Hammond and Merrillville locations.
Benefits to Full Time Team Members Include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental package
- Short term and long term disability
- Company Paid life insurance
- Paid Holidays and Mon-Fri schedule
- Generous P.T.O
No phone calls about the position please.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
C.O.T. or C.O.M.T. certification is preferred but not required
Minimum 2 years of ophthalmic technician experience