Don't wait - join the Tyson Eye team as an Ophthalmic Assistant, Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) or Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT)! Tyson Eye promotes from within and encourages our team members to advance their careers and earning potential. We encourage ongoing training as well as provide pay increases once certifications are achieved.
Our current technicians are cross trained for Optometry, general Ophthalmology, Retina, Lasik, Cataract, and in our research department. The majority of our technicians become Certified Ophthalmic Assistants (COA) within 18 months of joining our team.
Responsibilities/ Essential Job Functions:
- Review patient chart(s)
- Working up patients for eye exams
- Opening and closing of exam rooms
- Provide the highest quality of customer service
- Perform diagnostic tests (OCT, Retina Camera, Visual Field, Goldmann tonometry, OPD, IOL master, etc.)
- Screen patients for clinical trials
Excellent benefits package available for FT employees upon 91st day of employment:
- Health Insurance/Dental Insurance/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- IRA with company match
Tyson Eye is proud to be a drug and tobacco free organization.