We are currently recruiting for a full-time Ophthalmic Technician. Duties include collecting patient histories, workups, and comprehensive diagnostic testing including refractometry/retinoscopy, tonometry, keratometry, biomicroscopy, A-scans, pachymetry, visual fields, BATs, PAMs, corneal topography, and other tests as directed.
The qualified candidate will have at least 1 year of experience as an Ophthalmic or Optometric Technician or associates degree or medical assisting certification. Good computer skills a must, with previous EHR experience a plus. Current COA or COT certification preferred but not necessary. Must have reliable transportation as travel is required. Strong personable skills and able to communicate effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs diagnostic tests and obtain detailed medical history
• Performs testing: Humphrey Visual Field, topography or OCT scans, lensometry, autorefractor operation, obtaining eye pressure measurements
• Explains to patient clearly expectations with workup and exam with doctor-Understands how to prioritize and maintain efficient patient/doctor workflow
• Triage phone calls, medication refills, and patient queries
• Great patient rapport, customer service skills, and a team player. Able to take instructions well and gain additional skills/knowledge
• Follows company procedures and policies, reports to technician supervisor
• Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
• Medical & Dental Insurance
• 401(k) with Company Match
• Eye Care Services provided by Atlantis Eyecare providers
• Discounted Optical, and Cosmetic products
• Continuing Education
Atlantis Eyecare is one of the premier multi-specialty practices in California with 10 offices. We provide full service medical and surgical care including routine eye care, retina, glaucoma, oculoplastics, pediatrics and corneal services. We pride ourselves on providing the latest technology and giving great care