The Ophthalmic Technician serves our patients by assisting the ophthalmologist or optometrist in providing office based patient care and performing ophthalmic clinical duties as directed. These include ophthalmic testing, instilling medications, order processing, and documentation in the EMR (NextGen).
Qualified applicants will demonstrate empathy for patient’s needs along with strong communication and interpersonal skills. They will have proficient computer skills and attention to detail. Ideal candidates will have experience as an ophthalmic technician, and a demonstrated comprehension of ophthalmic equipment and clinical practices. Prefer experience using an EHR such as NextGen. In addition to a great working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits.
At Eye Associates Northwest, our mission is to provide outstanding quality eye care by delivering exceptional medical and surgical care and achieving optimal patient outcomes through the most effective use of advanced technology, continuing education, and access to multiple sub- specialists. Our patient’s needs, desires, goals, and values drive our approach to eye care. Our team approach enables us to treat patients for their total eye care needs.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Maintain patient flow and communication regarding appointment status.
- Administer eye medications and instruct the patient in care and treatment of eye conditions.
- Conduct patient work-ups including measuring vision, Tonometry, and Refraction.
- Answer patient questions, address concerns, follow up questions and/or refer patient questions to providers as appropriate.
- Complete appropriate intake assessment of patients, including reviewing the medical record prior to physician examination.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities include:
- Minimum 1-year experience as an ophthalmic assistant, experienced COA or COT preferred.
- Proficiency with computers, Microsoft Office products, Windows environment, and strong keyboarding skills. Prefer experience using an EHR such as NextGen.
- Basic knowledge of medical coding terminology and convention.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
- Willing to help in all areas, have flexibility and effectively work in a team environment.
- Professional appearance, strong interpersonal skills, and patient confidentiality.