Children's Eye Physicians is currently looking for an Ophthalmic/Optometric Technician to join our dynamic clinic team. Children's Eye Physicians has an excellent reputation in the Denver-metro area and has served the local community for over 20 years.
We are a fast paced, forward-thinking professional Pediatric Ophthalmology / Optometry office that is rapidly growing in their family practice services also. This job requires a professional individual who has the ability to successfully work individually and in a team.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing complete vision and diagnostic testing, including visual acuity testing, sensorimotor testing, confrontation visual fields, motility, checking pupils, intraocular pressure testing, autorefraction, administering eye drops, and other tests as needed
- Communicating patient medical concerns orally and in writing
- Instructing patients on medication dosing, scheduled tests, and upcoming procedures
- Assisting the ophthalmologist in the exam and office procedures
- Addressing patient questions/concerns in regards to upcoming procedures, tests, etc
- Typing exam findings and communications into the electronic medical record
- Returning patient phone calls and answering questions
- Bachelor Degree from accredited four-year college or university desired, or a minimum of one year of relevant work experience.
- COA, COT, or COMT preferred, but not required -- willing to train the right candidate!
- Ability to type at least 45wpm
- Comfort working with patients of all ages; mainly children under the age of 18.
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Travel to all three Denver metro area locations as scheduled
Compensation based on experience and certification level plus full benefits. Starting hourly rate is $17 per hour.
Children's Eye Physicians provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ,sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.