Grand Rapids Ophthalmology, a partner of Blue Sky Vision, is looking for an experienced Ophthalmic Scribe/Technician to join our growing team in a Retina practice. Ideal candidates will possess:
- Working knowledge of the eye anatomy, disease, and ocular medications
- Strong communication and computer skills
- Experienced at refracting
- Providing unsurpassed care while assisting the physician with patient examinations including the documentation of patient medical records, patient education, and in-office procedures.
- Assist the physician by obtaining supplies as needed during patient care and assisting during minor procedures while maintaining practice standards of sterile technique and infection control.
- Transcribe the results of patient examinations in the medical record as the physician orally dictates during the patient examination.
- Properly operate common Ophthalmic equipment including but not limited to Humphrey visual Fields (HVF), Fundus Photos, Fluorescein Angiography, Optomap, B scans and Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT).
- Maintains professionalism to provide excellent customer service for patients; practices confidentiality and privacy protocols by following policies and HIPAA requirements.
- Minimum of HS Diploma
- Ophthalmic Scribe Certification (OSC) required
- Will consider Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), or Medical Assistant (MA) with Ophthalmology experience
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least two years of experience as an Ophthalmic Technician, scribing or working as a medical assistant
- Working knowledge of eye anatomy, disease, and ocular medications.
- Experience with NextGen software or other EHR is preferred.
- Willingness to travel between offices required.
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability, 401(k) with company contribution, paid holidays, & paid time off.
- Career experiences that provide team members with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion for helping others.
** We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer**