The Ophthalmic Technician III works as an assistant with the Ophthalmologists and to provide technical services to patients.
- JCAPHO Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT) Certification
- Ability to perform the essential skills listed under job function
- Familiar with basic ophthalmic pharmacology, anatomy and pharmacology
- Basic knowledge of ophthalmic procedural/diagnostic coding.
- Ability to take vital signs accurately
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Ability to provide quality patient service
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to relate effectively with coworkers, physicians, and staff and to function as part of a team
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to focus amidst ongoing distractions and interruptions
- Ability to relate effectively to patients and the general public
- Telephone etiquette
- Skills in organization, time management, and problem-solving
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attentive to detail and numerical accuracy
- Coursework in medical terminology, ophthalmic pharmacology, microbiology, and ophthalmic anatomy and physiology.
- Experience with computerized scheduling.
Who We Are:
Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology—to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level.
We are dedicated to improving our patients’ health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner.
To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.
$3,000 signing Bonus!
For more information about Confluence Health visit our website at https://www.confluencehealth.org/career-opportunities/ . If you’d like to speak with a Recruiter directly, please email Chrysta.Gard@confluencehealth.org