Eye Care Institute is the premier ophthalmology care facility in Sonoma County, California. We specialize in cataract, glaucoma, and cornea treatment and offer state of the art facilities for surgical care. We have seven ophthalmologists and one optometrist with two office locations in Santa Rosa and one in
Petaluma. For more information about Eye Care Institute visit our website at see-eci.com.
- Responsible for the efficient, friendly process of assisting patients through the course of eye examination and treatment.
- Performs all areas of history taking, patient “work up”, and diagnostic testing as competency level allows
- Assists in laser and minor surgical procedures
- Provides patient education per doctors’ instructions
- Monitors/maintains exam room, surgery room, and diagnostic instrument supplies
- Handles pharmacy calls
- Returns patient calls and reschedules exams per protocols.
- Overall support of patient safety, clinic efficiency, and a positive patient experience through various assignments including maintenance and upkeep of equipment, sterilization of instruments, stocking exam lanes, and support of clinical staff.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience and qualities:
- Knowledge of ocular anatomy and common eye diseases for which diagnostic testing is performed.
- Skill in performing visual acuity assessment, lensometry, refractometry and tonometry.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for communication with patients, family members, referring offices, and surgery facilities.
- Ability to provide patients with utmost respect and maintain their confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and yet cooperatively with entire team.
- Ability to keep notes and records updated and follow ordering doctor’s instructions.
- Advanced typing and computer skills (use of database system and electronic schedules).
- Ability to complete on-line and other training in order to stay up to date on newest technologies and diagnostic improvements for an ophthalmology practice.
- Knowledge of, and ability to abide by, regulatory and insurance requirements of medical practices including HIPAA, OSHA, and general medical record documentation.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prefer some college, medical assisting certification or equivalent work experience.
- Experience using electronic practice management system and electronic medical records.
- Previous experience in ophthalmic or optometric practice clinic setting preferred.
- JCAHPO certification encouraged, but not required.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred but not required.
Compensation and benefits:
This is a full time, hourly position: Monday – Friday (8:30am – 5:30pm). . Must have reliable transportation to travel to multiple locations.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and we offer a comprehensive benefits package including health care and retirement plan.
Please submit resume and cover letter telling us why you would be a great member of our team.