We are seeking an Ophthalmic Technician to join our amazing team! We are an Ophthalmology practice with 1 MD/Surgeon, 1 Optometrist, and an upscale optical shop. We are located in the beautiful, hospital based building centrally located in San Diego.
A successful candidate will be positive, motivated and provide a high level of patient service.
Our ideal candidate is experienced, patient focused, and possess a kind and caring personality. We prefer to hire a Certified Ophthalmic Technician/Certified Ophthalmic Assistant, but we are willing to train a candidate with Optometric or Medical Assistant experience.
- Record history, chief complaint, medications
- Perform preliminary screening: visual acuity, lensometry, tonometry, auto-refraction, pachymetry
- Perform diagnostic testing: OCT, VF, Topography, A-scan, Photography
- Assist in minor surgical procedures, maintain instruments and equipment
- Return patient phone calls
- Perform other related duties
- Experience in a medical setting
- Computer literacy is required
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with patients, physicians and staff
- Responsible employee with excellent attendance
- Ability to work independently, but also work effectively with others as a team to accomplish objectives and goals
COA/COT preferred or must obtain JCAHPO certification within one year. VISX, AMO Intralase, LenSx, Catalys or Zeiss certification would also be appreciated.
Excellent benefits including PTO, paid holidays, optional health insurance, paid parking, and profit-sharing/401k retirement plans as well as a positive work environment.
Please respond with your cover letter and resume.