Grand Rapids Ophthalmology, a partner of Blue Sky Vision, is looking for an Ophthalmic Technician to join our growing team. This is a float position that will support all Grand Rapids Ophthalmology locations. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication and computer skills and extend superior client service by creating a positive first impression and showing patients that we provide unsurpassed care right from the start.
- Interacts with patients to accurately gather information and enter it into our electronic medical records system; information is related to patients’ health history, visual acuity measurements, refractometry (measurement for the glasses prescription), tonometry (measurement of eye pressure), etc.
- Conducts tests and measures eye muscle function, pupil size, and reactivity.
- Assists with surgical procedures as needed.
- Proactively engages patients in communicating what to expect with the visit and continues to communicate delays or any other changes with the patient.
- Maintains professionalism to provide excellent customer service for patients; practices confidentiality and privacy protocols by following policies and HIPAA requirements.
- Assists team members and completes other special projects as requested.
- Minimum of HS Diploma.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Prior Optometry, Ophthalmology, or medical background preferred.
- Experience with NextGen software or other EHR is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be well-organized, a team-player, and detail-oriented.
- Motivated and dependable with a patient-friendly personality.
- Demonstrated superior computer skills.
- Some travel between offices will/may be required.
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability, 401(k) with company contribution, paid holidays, & paid time off.
- Career experiences that provide team members with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion for helping others.
** We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer**