Come work for a FANTASTIC Ophthalmology Practice, serving San Francisco & Mountain View, CA for 20 years! We specialize in LASIK/Cataract Surgery and seek an energetic, hardworking, and efficient ophthalmic technician. The clinic's focus is on delivering excellent customer service and a great eye care experience. The ideal candidate will have experience providing LASIK & cataract surgical assistance, sterlizing instruments and possess a strong desire to help other people.
You would be joining an exceptional team in a wonderful work environment. We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic, positive attitude and an interest in high quality patient care. Applicants with good communication skills and previous experience in LASIK, patient history, refraction, counseling, topography, tonometry and pachymetry are a plus.
Responsibilities include: Obtaining medical histories from patients; administering diagnostic tests for routine and pre/post-op visits; educating patients on pre/post-op instructions and assisting in LASIK surgery.
- Previous experience as an Ophthalmic Assistant/Technician
- Assisting Doctors in Lasik eye surgery
- Understanding and knowledge of ophthalmic medical terminology and infectious control techniques
- Must be competent in collecting/interpreting data from patients
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others
- Detail-oriented, energetic, excellent verbal and c communication skills, self-motivated
- Must be also able to travel to satellite offices
In this position, you will initiate care of the patient by performing preliminary examinations, including recording patient history, testing visual acuity, intra-ocular pressure measurements, neutralizing current lenses with a lensometer. You will be expected to perform special tests based on physician's orders including corneal topography, wavefront mapping, visual fields, OCT, IOL Master, assisting with patient and pharmacy telephone calls and prescription refills, setting up, assisting with and cleaning up after surgical procedures; educating patients, and providing instructions for care after treatment.