The Clinical Assistant supports the physician(s) in our busy practice. This full-time position involves direct patient care, clinical tasks and administrative responsibilities.
NJ Eye LLC is a private-equity backed, independent, integrated eye care organization with its corporate headquarters in Union, New Jersey. The company has over 250 eye care professionals and business support roles across a growing network of over 17 eye care clinic locations, spanning New Jersey, with plans to affiliate with other eye care practices in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and nationwide.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Obtaining/documenting Patient History
- Performing patient work up, including all vision testing
- Obtaining all appropriate consent forms
- Room set up for the physician; clean up following procedures
- Stocking supplies
- Data entry into practice management and EMR systems
- Greeting/escorting patients to exam room, patient education regarding procedures to be performed
- Overseeing patient flow
- Reviewing and filing medical charts
- Assisting the physician with miscellaneous projects/tasks
- Assisting the clinical department as needed
- Compliance with all practice procedures and protocols
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: Progressive experience working in a medical environment, in a clinical capacity; Clinical experience within Ophthalmology preferred but not required.
- Accredited training program preferred but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; excellent computer software skills
- Superior level of customer service and friendly demeanor
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with patients, physicians, clinicians and administrators
NJ Eye LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are selected solely on the basis of legally permissible job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.