Training Opportunities available! If you are a current Healthcare employee looking to expand your clinical skills, apply today! Mid Atlantic Retina offers company funded profit sharing PLUS 401k, vacation time, semi-annual bonuses, and an awesome team of Physicians and staff to work with!
Provide direct patient care by providing technical and clinical support to Ophthalmologists.
- Regular and predictable onsite attendance required.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to travel on rotation as needed.
- Prepare patient and instrumentation appropriate to exam.
- Room patient timely and accurately.
- Collect patient medical history including chief complaint.
- Update medications, allergies, health maintenance system at time patient is roomed.
- Screen patient and perform accurate and consistent documentation and measurement tasks in relation to:
- Visual acuity, confrontational visual fields, evaluation of motility, papillary function tests, color plates, applanation tonometry, dilation of pupils, B Scan, ophthalmic imaging including fluorescein angiography, etc.
- Assist provider with laser and injection procedures.
- Provide patient home care instructions and counseling.
- Clarify preop and postop instructions with patients.
- Maintain practice standards of sterile technique and infection control.
- Process pharmacy requests, patient phone calls, and provider messages appropriately.
- Facilitate daily operations and responsibilities of the "patient flow" within the department.
- Ensure smooth office operations which support teamwork, and generate a positive attitude between front and back office staff.
- Ensure department maintains sanitary conditions in exam and procedure rooms.
- Attend regular staff meetings.
- Consult with manager on problems and interpretation of policies and procedures to ensure patient and office needs are met.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels and order supplies and minor equipment as directed.
- Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions; call for service as necessary.
- Promote a high quality of care delivery through protocols.
- Assist the manager review workflows to aid in process improvement and efficient patient care delivery.
- Actively engage in discussion and review of processes, patient flow, EMR data input, and other office activities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Excellent clinical skills coupled with the ability train technical staff.
- Strong knowledge of proper medical chart documentation and coding.
- Strong knowledge of diagnostic ophthalmic equipment.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional medical office environment. This role routinely uses medical diagnostic equipment found in a retina clinic including lasers as well as standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, communicate verbally in front of groups, one to one and over the telephone and in email.
- This position is very active and requires standing and walking all day in order to get patients and bring them to rooms, assist physicians and rotate assignments with other staff.
- Occasional bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching.
- Lift or move objects weighing over 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Using hands to operate equipment, show manual or finger dexterity, handle things with precision or speed, use muscular coordination and physical stamina.
- Use senses to observe and examine patients, paying attention to detail/ Working with data and numbers, calculating and manipulating numbers, processing data on a computer, attending to details, classifying, recording, storing or retrieving information.
- Following through on plans or instructions.
- Using words to communicate ideas, reading with comprehension, writing reports or other documentation, teaching or training patients.
- Sustain physical contact with another person in order to guide them due to diminished vision.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Occasional overtime may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is required for this position.
MAR is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.