Do you want to work for one of the Carolinas’ most respected medical practices? Are you looking for not just a job, but a career? We are looking for you.
We are Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. (CEENTA), the region’s premier eye, ear, nose, and throat care provider for adults and pediatric patients for more than 90 years, and we are looking to add to our team. We are currently looking for an Ophthalmic Technician. The position is full time and would provide clinical coverage and assist with surgery scheduling. You would assist Dr. Rachel Sabo and see patients in our Statesville, NC office.
To learn more about Dr. Rachel Sabo visit https://www.ceenta.com/providers/rachel-p-sabo
As the largest multi-specialty practice on the East Coast — with 18 locations throughout North and South Carolina, over 130 providers offering comprehensive adult and pediatric care, and a full list of ancillary departments and services — we strive to hire the best staff possible to take excellent care of our patients.
PLUS – Receive a $750 bonus as a new Ophthalmic Imaging Technician, COA, or COT! after your sixth month of employment.
The ideal candidate should be professional, detail-oriented, and love being a part of a team focused on providing excellent services for our company. Candidates would have a “can do and will do” attitude and demonstrate the ability to contribute positively to the team.
Summary of the position:
Assist the physician in providing a preliminary medical evaluation to include diagnostic evaluation for clinical patients as well as providing medical treatment and medical care services to patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform preliminary components of the ophthalmic work up due to nature of the patient's complaint and current status at the request of the physician.
- Instill eye medications as per physician’s order.
- Perform diagnostic testing to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patient (when appropriate)
- Provide education and instruction on the use and maintenance of contact lens
- Assist with surgery scheduling
- Provide educational and triage information to patient and their families (when appropriate)
Education and/ or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or one to three years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Slit Lamp
- Visual Field machine
- Fundus camera
- OCT machine
- Lensometer (manual and automated)
- Color plate
- Amsler Grid
- Network computer software applications, practice management software and applicable electronic medical record software.
Certificates and License:
Valid and active certificate from JCAHPO as a Certified Ophthalmic Assistant or Certified Ophthalmic Technician is preferred but not required
Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. offer a competitive benefits package including medical insurance coverage on the first day of employment. Our physicians believe in continuing education and offer opportunities for up to 30 hours of free CE a year, plus our compensation model is structured to offer higher wages to certified technicians. Join our team to provide excellent patient care!