Hospital is looking for a Co-lead Ophthalmic Technician. This is a unique position for an technician at a resident teaching hospital where a high number of patients are treated daily (roughly 100 patients a day). Rated 2nd best Eye Hospital nationwide, the technician can expect to see a wide variety of patients and conditions. This job is very rewarding and gives you exposure to world class physicians and interesting cases.
Under the direction of a physician, the technician provides preliminary ophthalmic testing and documentation of the medical history, ensures the lanes are fully equipped with appropriate equipment, medications, and supplies needed by the physicians, and assists the optometrists and ophthalmologists in any other way needed to effectively care for patients.
The ideal candidate will be a problem solver, have experience trouble shooting in the work place, and be able to communicate effectively with their co-lead and staff. This position also requires someone with experience that is patient and understanding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance
- Ability to move patients through the workflow to prepare them for the physician in a timely and accurate manner
- Accurately collects and documents patient medical history including chief complaint
- Updates medications, allergies, and health maintenance system
- Maintains practice standards of sterile technique and infection control
- Processes pharmacy requests, patient phone calls, and provider messages appropriately
- Ensures smooth office operations which support teamwork and generate a positive attitude between the front and back office staff
- Attends regularly schedule staff meetings
- Is willing to adjust scheduled hours to accommodate daily need of the department
- COT (non-negotiable)
- 2-3 years of work experience in a lead role
- Strong patient service skills, strong communication and writing skills, and strong computer skills
- Comfortable interacting with patients, management, and physicians on a regular basis
- Show strong interest in understanding the operational flow and in usual critical thinking skills to triage patients in the most effective manner
- Must always put the needs to the patient first including the need for flexibility in their scheduled hours
- No nights
- No weekends
- Competitive benefits package
- Work in the thriving city of Philadelphia
Apply today to be considered for this exciting position!