Austin Retina Associates is seeking a responsible, self-motivated ophthalmic technician who would enjoy working in a high volume, fast paced, team-oriented retina practice. The ophthalmic technician will often be the first and the last impression that each patient has within our office and our goal is to provide an unparalleled experience for each patient who contacts or visits our office.
Full time and part time opportunities are available.
- Schedule varies, occasional weekend days may be required
- Full time or part time positions available
- Travel within 120 miles is required (company-provided transportation, day trips only)
- Hourly pay (FLSA non-exempt, eligible for overtime)
- Physical requirements: Ability to view patient images and operate computer devices, frequent use of a computer terminal, near constant standing and walking, manual dexterity to operate ophthalmic equipment, lifting heavy equipment
- Triage patients and record consistent and accurate documentation of patient's medical history
- Obtain patient’s chief complaint and screen (e.g., visual acuity, confrontational visual fields, applanation, pupillary check, ocular motility, dilate pupils, check blood pressure, etc.)
- Communicate with team members, team leader, physician about patient care and efficiency
- Communicate with patients using a caring tone and provide thorough communication before and after their visit with the physician, providing education as needed
- Prep exam room and patient charts for physician
- Perform macular and EDS OCT imaging
- Prep for and assist with in-office procedures as needed
- Record accurate diagnosis and treatment codes from physician using EMR as needed
- Draft and send physician referrals as needed
- May perform retinal (anterior segment and fundus) imaging as needed
- May recruit patients for clinical trials as needed
- Demonstrated effectiveness showing courtesy, diligence, integrity, and teamwork
- Strong interpersonal skills (effective listening, clear communication, effective customer problem resolution, warm demeanor)
- Able to work long and irregular hours, including overtime, and travel to different locations.
- Ability to master multiple computer systems (data entry and data retrieval)
- Ability to master ophthalmology and retina terminology
- Valid Texas driver’s license
- Willingness to drive company vehicle on day trips
- Experience in a busy Optometry, Ophthalmology, and/or Retina Clinic
- COA, COT, or COMT certification
- Fluency in Spanish
About Austin Retina Associates
As the largest retina specialty group in Central Texas, our eight board-certified vitreoretinal surgeons travel to 13 locations across Central Texas to provide patients access to novel procedures and therapies. Austin Retina Associates offers a competitive salary and benefit package, including two retirement plans, health insurance, and paid time off.