The University of Kansas Health System KU Eye Center is looking to expand our team! Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for an Ophthalmic Technician!
Our technicians have a wide range of skills sets to cover a full range of specialties including Comprehensive, Cornea and Refractive Surgery, Glaucoma, Neuro-Ophthalmology, Oculoplastics, Optometry, Pediatrics, Retina, and Uveitis. Technicians perform both the work-up as well as photography in a fast-paced, electronic medical record environment. We must have motivated individuals that want to enhance our culture and patient care!
- Performs as necessary the readying of patient examination rooms.
- Maintains minor procedure and laser rooms including ordering of supplies.
- Maintains ophthalmic equipment.
- Escorts patients to examination rooms, performs all ophthalmic pre-testing and assists with examinations and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge base by attending continuing education offerings.
- Coordinates work with clerical personnel to maintain the efficiency of the clinic and promote optimal patient care.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year experience in ophthalmology or optometry
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant preferred
Candidates that wish to be considered will need to formally apply here!