Pacific Eye Institute is one of the most comprehensive ophthalmic care facilities in the Inland Empire. This includes "The Ambulatory Surgery Center" which is a modern 9,200 square foot facility with two state-of-the-art surgical suites and "The Laser Surgery Center". These facilities provide the highest quality vision care for the treatment of ocular conditions including cataracts and glaucoma in a comfortable and safe outpatient environment. We are looking for an Ophthalmic Technician to join our team.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history, confirming purpose of visit.
- Checks condition of patients' eyes by observing pupils, muscle, visual acuity, extraocular movements, blood pressure.
- Prepares patients for ophthalmology examination by dilating their pupils; reporting patient history summary, changes in visual acuity, elevated extraocular pressure, or blood pressure to ophthalmologist.
- Save ophthalmologist's time by helping with office procedures such as laser surgeries, tear duct probes.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential.
- Counsels patients by transmitting physician's orders, use of drops, contact lenses, drugs, and questions about surgery.
- Schedules surgeries by making arrangements with the surgical center, verifying times with patients; preparing charts, pre-admission and consent forms.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Serves and protects the ophthalmology practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances ophthalmology practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different request; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Supply Management, Verbal Communication, Infection Control, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Organization, Scheduling, Professionalism, Customer Focus, Confidentially, Bedside Manner, Medical Teamwork, MUST BE BILINGUAL/SPANISH