Established Lasik practice seeks an experienced Ophthalmic Technician.
- Collects, analyses, and calculates diagnostic data: K readings, refraction, visual fields, PAM (Potential Acuity Meter)
- Must be able to manually refract.
- Greets and identifies patients, documents patient history, performs visual acuity and glaucoma tests.
- Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require judgment and knowledge of sophisticated equipment such as the topography and pachymetry.
- Prepares laser room and instruments for surgery.
- Manages patient flow from pre-op through surgery to post-op phase.
- Provides post-operative progress reports to the surgeon and/or optometrist.
- Monitors and maintains inventory of all medications and medical supplies.
- Monitors laser room and clinic equipment; maintains records regarding equipment service, testing and safety according to company policy and procedure.
- Washes and sterilizes equipment.
- Assists the ophthalmologist in performing minor surgical procedures
- Assists the optometrist in providing excellent patient care
- Previous Ophthalmic experience required
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to interact with patients/physicians.
- Versatile skills to act independently and also in a highly effective cross trained team setting.
- Excellent accuracy skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to adhere to the work schedule and manage time appropriately. Assumes responsibility for competency and takes initiative for professional development and continuing education. Ability to handle stress associated with prioritizing multiple tasks. Above average organization skills.
- Demonstrates a willingness to look at new ideas and work in a changing environment.
- Understands, verbalizes and participates in the quality improvement process.
- Supports initiatives designed to improve individual and organizational performance.
- Must be flexible to travel to other offices