- At least one year experience as an Ophthalmic Technician; COA is a plus
- Experience with using an EMR system; Medflow is a plus
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated, advanced comprehension of the role of an ophthalmic assistant in a medical practice
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work as a team member
- Empathetic personality with concern for patients’ needs.
- Strong organization with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to perform comprehensive work ups in an efficient manner
- Scribing skills and experience is a plus
- Inform patients of the purpose of all tests personally performed, and how the patient will be affected during the tests.
- Obtain patient history to include chief complaint, history of present illness, past history (ocular and general), family history (ocular and general), and history of allergies and medications.
- Perform accurate and consistent documentation and measurement tasks including: Visual acuity; Confrontational visual fields; Stereo testing; Evaluation of motility; Pupillary function tests; Color plates; Applanation tonometry; Refractometry; Angle assessment; Dilation of pupils; Visual field testing; Optic nerve scanning; Pachymetry; Corneal topography; Other tasks specific to the physician’s needs as a result of new technologies
Job Type: Full-time
- Ophthalmic Technician: 1 year
- Fort Myers, FL 33912
- High school or equivalent