This position supports the physician(s) in our busy practice. This full-time position involves direct patient care, clinical tasks and administrative responsibilities.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Obtaining/documenting Patient History
- Performing patient work up, including all vision testing
- Obtaining all appropriate consent forms
- Room set up for the physician; clean up following procedures
- Stocking supplies
- Data entry into practice management and EMR systems
- Greeting/escorting patients to exam room, patient education regarding procedures to be performed
- Overseeing patient flow
- Reviewing and filing medical charts
- Assisting the physician with miscellaneous projects/tasks
- Assisting the clinical department as needed
- Compliance with all practice procedures and protocols
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: Progressive experience working in a medical environment, in a clinical capacity; Clinical experience within Ophthalmology preferred but not required.
- Accredited training program preferred but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; excellent computer software skills
- Superior level of customer service and friendly demeanor
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with patients, physicians, clinicians and administrators
NJ Eye LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are selected solely on the basis of legally permissible job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.