The candidate selected for this position will help to develop a center of excellence for a state-of-the-art ophthalmology practice within extremely busy optical retailer.
We are seeking an full-time ophthalmic assistant or optometric assistant for a very innovative professional company that is involved in providing patients with remote refractions and eye health exams via Ocular Telehealth technology.
Candidate must have an upbeat positive personality, is articulate, maintain excellent customer service and multi-tasking skills.
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to grow in an evolving professional services, and support of new cutting edge ophthalmic technology.
Position is located in San Mateo, California.
Preferred Duties of Ophthalmic/ Optometric Assistant:
- Patient registration and intake via EMR
- Patient scheduling and coordination
- Interfacing with optical retailer Proper medical history taking
- Knowledge of common eye diseases and symptoms
- Measure visual acuities at distance and near utilizing the appropriate test
- Perform preliminary screening test and be able to recognize and record abnormalities
- Ophthalmic instrument technique
- Maintain proper documentation
- Conduct Autorefractions, Lensometry, Manual Refractometry, Visual field, Retinal imaging
- Calibration and maintenance of each instrument and machine
- A minimum of 1years’ experience as an Optometric Assistant or Ophthalmic Assistant.
- Basic office equipment and computer skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated interest in quality improvement
- Bi-lingual a plus, but not required
- Must have Flexibility to work weekends
What We Offer:
- 2 weeks’ vacation accrued during the first year of employment.
- 5 sick/personal days
- Paid Holidays
- Health benefits with company contribution for single coverage
- Dental benefits
- 401KAmeriflex FSAAnnual pair of eyeglasses with exam