Located in Downtown Chicago, right off Magnificent Mile, University Eye Specialists provides comprehensive eye care services including medical, laser, and surgical treatment of eye diseases. Our doctors are experts in glaucoma and cataract management. Our team consists of three surgeons, one optometrist, and a great team of highly skilled and passionate employees.
University Eye Specialists is recruiting an ambitious, enthusiastic and detail oriented Ophthalmic Technician to join our Chicago team. This position offers a fast-paced and professional atmosphere, where employees are empowered to use their knowledge, skills and abilities to provide outstanding patient care. The right candidate must be flexible in work assignments and act as a supportive team member.
This position serves as a work-up technician in the clinic setting. Responsibilities include:
- Patient education
- Recording patient history
- Obtaining chief complaints
- Performing visual acuity
- Visual fields
- Pupil assessment
- Administering dilation and anesthetic drops
- Ophthalmic technician experience in a clinic setting required
- COA or COT certification preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to interact professionally with patients and physicians
- High positive energy a must!
University Eye Specialists offers a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes:
- Health and dental insurance
- 401K plan
- Generous paid time off/ holidays
- Discounts on products and services,
- Assistance obtaining ophthalmic certifications