Highly skilled, ophthalmic assistant is sought to fill important role in eye surgery practice. The position works closely with 4 surgeons and their patients.
Our Surgery Coordinator/counselor:
- Explains ophthalmology surgery procedures and surgery options for cataract, glaucoma, cornea, oculoplastics, and other procedures.
- Communicates Pre- and Post-surgery counseling/instructions (what to expect, medication schedules, etc.)
- Explains surgical billing procedures, provides estimates, discusses out of pocket and elective procedures, coordinates with insurance department.
- Coordinating paperwork and details with ambulatory surgery centers (Constructs patient history & physical report, makes sure correct surgery implants are ordered and available, etc).
- Ability to think critically and understands optics for calculating IOLs for cataract surgery.
- Proven background in face-to-face customer service is a must.
- Clinical aptitude and experience with Ophthalmic surgery required.
- Knowledge of surgical options for cataract, refractive, glaucoma and oculoplastic patients strongly preferred.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE FOLLOW APPLICATION DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY: Reply with
1) A cover letter; EXPLAIN HOW YOUR QUALIFICATIONS FIT OUR NEEDS,
2) List 2-3 individuals who you will give as references, what their position/title is and how they have supervised your work (We respect your confidentiality. No references will be contacted until you have been interviewed and you give permission for references to be contacted),
3) indicate the hourly rate or range which you are seeking.
Obviously, if you are applying from outside the KC Metro, explain your intentions upon receiving a offer of an interview or job.
Employee-Oriented doctors, hgihly respected practice, competitive hourly rate and benefits, practice located in a suburb rated Best Places to Live
Clear plastic barriers at main patient areas and in surgery office. All employees and patients must wear a mask properly and at all times within the office. All patients are screened and temperatures checked.