Our busy and growing Columbus, Ohio practice is seeking an Ophthalmic Surgery Scheduler who is looking to expand their knowledge, gain valuable experience, and build meaningful relationships. Our ideal candidate is a motivated team player who enjoys a fast-paced work environment.
We offer the full scope of ophthalmic care to a rapidly growing number of patients. The surgery scheduler will be in charge of scheduling Oculoplasticpatients in our state-of-the-art ASC and other facilities around central Ohio. If you are a determined individual and want to learn from the best eye care professionals in the area, then we want to hear from you!
- Acts as an effective liaison between the patient, surgeon, primary care physician, and the surgical facility in all aspects of pre-operative preparations.
- Schedules all patient surgeries and pre-operative and post-operative appointments, including appointments with the patient's primary care physician and surgical facility
- Maintains surgical schedules for surgeons
- Notifies patients of all scheduled appointments.
- Prepares patient charts for surgery.
- Sends appropriate forms to primary care physician.
- Collects all pertinent information for upcoming surgery such as booking sheets, insurance information, prior authorizations, labs, EKGs, and signed consent forms, and sends to surgical facility.
- Interfaces with the Billing Department as needed.
- Answers all telephone inquiries from patients and primary care physicians concerning surgery and/or related concerns.
- Provides patient education by reviewing patient pre-operative instructions and medications with patient prior to patient leaving the office, while maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Gets all surgical booking forms to the appropriate surgical center in a timely manner.
- Provides each surgeon with a copy of their weekly schedule
- Strong verbal and written communication to provide accurate information to patients, physicians and surgery centers
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and proficient with computers
- Previous surgery scheduling experience preferred
- Must be enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Full benefits package (health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401k)
- Extensive Training program