*****WAKE FOREST BAPTIST HEALTH IS LOOKING FOR AN OPHTHALMIC SONOGRAPHER*****
ELIGIBLE FOR SIGN ON BONUS!!!!!!!!!!
JOB SUMMARY: Independently performs ultrasounds by following specific protocols for evaluating and documenting sonography data. Assists in interpreting ultrasound images. Demonstrates advanced knowledge and acts as a resource for MDs, fellows, residents, staff and students.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED equivalent with two years ophthalmic clinical ultrasound experience.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: Advanced certification as Certified Ophthalmic Medical Technologist. Current CDOS, COMT, and ROUD certification through JCAHPO. Current CPR certification required.
1. Performs clinical assessment and diagnostic sonography examinations with the ability to perform mathematical calculations and appropriately use instrument controls. Understands and easily adapts to new and various equipment.
2. Uses cognitive sonographic skills to identify, record, and adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological, diagnostic information and images. Exhibits knowledge of ophthalmic physiology, pathology and pathophysiology.
3. Uses independent judgment during the sonographic exam to differentiate accurately between normal and pathologic findings.
4. Analyzes sonograms, synthesizes sonographic information and medical history, and communicates findings to the physician. Identifies conditions that warrant immediate clinical response.
5. Coordinates work schedule with Nurse Manager to assure ultrasound sonography workload coverage.
6. Assumes responsibility for the safety, mental and physical comfort of patients while in the sonographer's care. Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality and follows all required infection control policies.
7. Maintains daily log of patients seen and completes examination billing forms.
8. Maintains ultrasound equipment and work area, and maintains adequate supplies. Ensures safe and effective operation of systems by inspection for potential electrical and mechanical hazards.
9. Ensures age/developmentally appropriate patient procedures are provided in accordance with Age-Specific Procedure Guidelines for the specific age groups served.
10. Pursues and achieves high standard of professional development by participating in conferences and continuing education programs. Maintains continuing education and case logs.
11. Performs other clinical duties as assigned as a COMT.
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to use independent judgment to acquire the optimal diagnostic sonographic information in each examination performed
Ability to work efficiently and cope with emergencies
Ability to teach technological skills
Possible exposure to infectious and contagious diseases
Possible exposure to body fluids and wastes
Contact with patients under variety of circumstances
Occasionally subject to irregular hours
Clean and comfortable climate