Full and Part-time Positions Available!
Looking for a fast-paced, exciting work environment? Come join us at Horizon Eye Care! Our 20 doctor multi-specialty ophthalmology practice and qualify for a $400 sign-on bonus! Horizon Eye Care has six office locations across the greater Charlotte, NC area. Our doctors and physicians provide full service medical and surgical care including routine eye care, retina, glaucoma, neuro-ophthalmology, oculoplastics, pediatrics, and corneal disease.
Horizon takes pride in offering a competitive salary and benefits package, 401(k) plan, and a very generous Paid Time Off program. We promote certification for our technicians and offer higher wages for those that meet this criteria. In addition to certification, we encourage all employees to attend our free semi-annual continuing education opportunities.
If you are an energetic Ophthalmic Special Testing Technician, we want you!!
Responsibilities include advanced understanding of testing equipment, maintenance, and usage, including the following:
A-scan and manual Keratometry
External and plastics Photography
Fundus and optic nerve Photography
Corneal Topography including OrbScan
Slit Lamp Photography
Requirements: a minimum of 2 years experience in the special testing field. Certification by the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology is required at the COA level or CRA from the Ophthalmic Photographers Society.
The preferred candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- Be a self-starter with unyielding work ethic and motivation to stay current with new technologies.
- Have excellent communication skills and be detail-oriented.
- Have the interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact with staff, doctors and patients.
- Be able to handle a heavy workload with multiple priorities.
- Have excellent professional judgment.
- Be willing to travel between multiple offices
Visit us at www.horizoneye.com.