Want to work in the medical field and help people? Apply now to be paid and receive benefits while learning how to become an ophthalmic imaging technician with one of Charlotte’s Best Places to Work.
Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat (CEENTA) wants to help you start on the path to becoming an ophthalmic imagining technician leading to a long-lasting career that features job security and competitive pay.
Are you Qualified?
- Interested in helping people in a clinical setting and have strong communication skills?
- Motivated to learn, grow and start a career path in ophthalmology while getting paid?
- Known for your customer service and organizational skills along with a positive team oriented attitude?
- High school graduate or have general education degree (GED)
Our Extensive 7-9-week onsite training program with certified trainers and staff empower students to meet training goals through classroom lecture, hands on demonstration, observation, shadowing current imaging technicians. Students will be required to travel during the internship to satellite offices and can be placed within staffing needs after the completion of the internship into the organization's needs. Once students have successful completed the program, they will receive a salary increase.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in classroom lectures on topics within Ophthalmology
- Complete necessary online, classroom and clinic evaluations
- Receive training and perform to the satisfaction of the trainer to:
- Perform preliminary components of the ophthalmic work up
- Understand key medical terminology and its application to the clinic.
- Perform ophthalmic diagnostic testing
- Document patient encounters properly in accordance to CEENTA compliance guidelines in electronic medical record software in a timely manner.
- Maintain OSHA standards to ensure sterilized and safe environment.
Steps to Your Next Career
- Confirm that you meet all position requirements
- Apply for the position
- Interview with CEENTA staff
- Score 80% on assessment focused on evaluating basic math and written communication skills and eye knowledge.
- Successfully complete a reference and background check and a drug screen