Join the largest and fastest- growing Eye Care Group in Michigan!
Grand Rapids Ophthalmology, a partner of Blue Sky Vision, is looking for Ophthalmic Scribe/Technicians to join our growing team. Ideal candidates will possess strong communication and computer skills and extend superior client service by creating a positive first impression and showing patients that we provide unsurpassed care right from the start. We have several locations located through out the Greater Grand Rapids area.
- Interacts with patients to accurately gather information and enter it into our electronic medical records system; information is related to patients’ health history, visual acuity measurements, refractometry (measurement for the glasses prescription), tonometry (measurement of eye pressure), etc.
- Conducts tests and measures eye muscle function, pupil size, and reactivity.
- Documents medical visits and procedures as they are being performed by the physician accurately and thoroughly.
- Assists with surgical procedures as needed.
- Maintains professionalism to provide excellent customer service for patients; practices confidentiality and privacy protocols by following policies and HIPAA requirements.
- Minimum of HS Diploma
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least two years of experience as an Ophthalmic Technician or a medical background with a willingness to learn.
- Working knowledge of the eye anatomy, disease, and ocular medications.
- Experience with NextGen software or other EHR is preferred.
- Willingness to travel between offices required.
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability, 401(k) with company contribution, paid holidays, & paid time off.
- Career experiences that provide team members with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion for helping others.
** We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer**